The Santa Clara County Speech-Language Hearing Association is a non-profit organization open to all speech-language and hearing professionals who live or work in the Santa Clara County Area. We provide opportunities for professional growth and networking.
We are offering a scholarship in the amount of $500 to a graduate student in the field of Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology. The scholarship money will be paid directly to the student’s university or college for tuition fees. Candidates will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a full-time graduate level student.
- The candidate must be a current member of the Santa Clara County Speech-Language Hearing Association (SCCSHA).
- The candidate must have successfully completed at least one semester at the graduate level (in the field) at the time of the application.
- The candidate must submit transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) with application.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a college/university in Santa Clara County or be a resident of Santa Clara County.
- The candidate must have a minimum 3.5 GPA at the graduate level.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic and clinical excellence.
- The candidate must enclose with the application one letter of recommendation from a professor or instructor from his/her graduate program who can attest to the candidate’s academic performance or clinical skills.
- Finalist candidates may be required to meet with the Scholarship Committee for an interview.
- Recipient will be asked to provide a brief presentation of how this scholarship has helped them reach their professional goal.
The candidate must complete an application:
Before you fill out your Scholarship Application please download/print this document for signatures:
Scholarship Required Signature Document
Upload the file below upon completion, you may upload it as a .doc, .pdf, or .jpg. Feel free to scan it, or take a picture of it.
Any questions about the scholarship may be directed to Gina Pagan at email@example.com
Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2018